Saturday, November 15, 2008

justin get's his craft on

Our ward had a Thanksgiving activity last night that was so fun! It started with a turkey dinner and ended with a contest. So the challenge was to take the pumpkin and make it look like a turkey, using only the materials in your bowl. Now, if you know Justin at all, you know that he has a huge competitive streak...imagine that. So, when he heard the word contest, it was game on! Who knew he could be so crafty! This is all Justin, I can't take any credit. After a little stress over the super glue not being so super, and the fact that other tables had some better materials, Justin turned out this beauty! The BEST part by far is that he got creative and used left over TURKEY for the wings. I was cracking up the whole time. Seeing my huge football player get his "craft on" as he put it was so entertaining! He was so proud of his creation and he even won an award...he won MOST DEFORMED. He was a bit put off by this label considering his masterpiece of a pumpkin, but he soon got over it when he saw that there were prizes involved. We had a really fun time, as I always do with Justin...he makes me laugh so hard. So now we can add crafting to his list of talents, it takes a real man to make glittery pom poms manly.

4 comments:

jennifer casady said...

You've had a blog this whole time? I was not aware of this! I'm so excited to see pics and catch up on your posts. You are hereby invited to visit my blog as well! Love you!
jennifer-casady.blogspot.com

Heather said...

She is getting so big! Why do they grow up so fast? I want to see you when you come to Daybreak so don't forget to call me so I can come over since I am off track.

dcprattfamily said...

That is hilarious!! I love the turkey!

Kare Bear said...

yeah i have a blog... just started. kinda fun.