Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mr. & Mrs. Pumpkin Head

so this year we tried something different with the kid's pumpkins.
we wanted them to be able to do a lot of it, and when I saw these at target I knew it would be a hit!
thanks to toy story our kids are obsessed with Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head.
I was especially excited when I got home and confirmed that the pieces would indeed work with their potato heads after halloween was over and they were no longer needed for the pumpkins.
first up was ali, how cute is justin?
she watched mesmerized and helped daddy...do you think she was happy with her princess potato pumpkin or what?


then it was cole's turn.


he was able to do a lot of it and thanks to his pirate obsession...



he was one happy boy too!


they then decided they were so scary they needed to roar at them. I love how ali looks to cole and copies his crazy ideas. partners in crime these two.


all in all, it was a success. It was fun to try something different, and we will still actually carve mommy and daddy pumpkins, but they were able to do all of this and it was a hit.



cole insisted on labeling his pumpkin, and when he was done ali said "do mine!" so hers was labeled by cole as well.
(If you look closely you will see that both the pumpkins and cole and ali are holding hands.)


and for all those not close enough to hear the say it in person cole and ali have a message for you!



happy halloween!


3 comments:

Becca said...

That is so cool! And I cannot believe how big Ali is! She is so cute! And of course, Cole is cute like always too!

Rina said...

CUTE KIDS! Do they always get along so great?

Kaden also did a pirate pumpkin for Halloween this year. Re re-used it from a couple of years ago. I love it! Such a good idea - whoever came up with it.

Marjorie said...

I totally thought you were going to have your kids tell us you were pregnant or something. I was holding my breath while listening. I should've figured what they were going to say since it was written right below. Too Cute:)