Tuesday, March 8, 2011

happy heart day!

it was my turn for valentines day planning this year, so we headed back to the 1950's.

I had my pearls on, and a cold beverage in my hand as daddy walked through the door from a long hard day of work. cole and ali had memorized their lines and recited them right on cue as daddy came in.
(meanwhile the theme song from Leave it to Beaver was playing in the background)
cole: "hey pop!"
ali: "hello father."
me: "welcome home darling."
I had printed off a copy of the duties of a house wife from a home economics text book from the 50's. It was pretty hilarious, but we followed it to the last detail.


after we welcomed daddy home we sent him upstairs to change so we could head off to the diner (in our kitchen).


we rocked out to the juke box and had cheeseburgers with all the fixin's!


it was a pretty fabulous valentines day for everyone involved!

after we ate we pretended the couch was a car and we went to the drive in, ate popcorn in vintage popcorn containers, and enjoyed a movie as a family.
we love a chance to get a little creative!

4 comments:

Christin said...

What a cute idea. I love your creativity.

Christin

jennifer casady said...

Oh, so much fun! Way to create good memories :)

VoNique said...

That's so cute! Good job :)

valmike said...

Cute! I see you now have that yellow bench. : )