Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Back to School

It was time for


and


to go back to school!


so we had a back to school dinner.
(disclaimer: I stole all these ideas from some wonderfully awesome mother online)


It fell on FHE night which was perfect.
We talked about our family theme for this school year.
(I even found this online...loved it. It was perfect for a new year of adventures)


They chose to have spaghetti, which I hardly ever make. and we had corn grown in our very own garden!





It was TONS of fun. and we will definitely be making it a tradition.


Then the next morning it was off to school!
Cole is going into the 2nd grade. He has Mrs. Cousin. Love her already.
Doesn't he look old?


Ali waited "patiently" for her turn.
Afternoon Kindergarten takes a while to roll around when you are THIS excited.



I think she aged crazy fast in the week leading up to kinder cause I swear she wasn't this old five minutes before that.


I dropped her off and she marched right in without looking back.
just like she belonged and had done it a million times.


She has Mrs. Hale. We love her already too.


and this was her face after she rode the bus home with her brother.
It was a good day!


Mommy however looked at the clock a million times missing her kiddos.
Piper slept right through Al's entire time at school. 
I think my smile was as big as this when I had them home again.




2 comments:

Jon and Diana said...

How did Ali's hair get so long, and yes, she looks way older than she did just months ago. What the heck? =) I love the school themed dinner idea!

Rina said...

Two in school! Wow! Your kids are looking so grown up. I'm sure it kills you. (I feel your pain.) And honestly, I don't know how you find the time to be so cute all the time with your little themed parties and whatnot. You are like Pinterest-made-real!