Wednesday, December 29, 2010

singin'...in the rain

it's pouring rain outside...which I love. love. love.
especially since I did all my errands yesterday and can enjoy the pitter patter from my nice cozy house.
I should probably be blogging christmas day events right now, but Justin has the camera with the sd card from that day in it with him, so that's out.
so what to do in the rain...sing!
I have been meaning to catch ali's constant singing on video, and today was the perfect day to capture it. Let me first say that ali sings constantly and listens to whatever I sing around the house (which may or may not be constant as well) and then incorporates it into her repatouir (I know I butchered that). I also thought I should document a little interview with her while I was at it. ...and after you watch the interview you will see why it was ok the camera died before I tried to catch her letter sound abilities on film...she was less than cooperative on her name...I can only guess how the sounds of the alphabet on command would have gone over today...but then that's an accurate portrayal of miss ali. completely aware and capable of showing off what you want her to...but only performs on her terms. but then when you see the other video's you will see why her
per-son-al-i-ty
makes all that stubbornness bearable.
sorry in advance for any sea sick feelings due to her constant motion...that is also ali in a nut shell.







video 1: interview (and cole chimming in...why oh why did they pick woody as the main character's name in toy story? )





video 2: santa claus is coming to town, a seasonal fav of her's.



video 3: polar express song...she was obsessed with this song from the moment she heard it. video 4 is a better version of it though.



video 4: the better polar express version.



video 5: this one she learned in nursery and particularly gravitated towards due to the ali-gator in it. I love her theatrics with it, she toned it down a bit when the camera was on believe it or not, but you get the idea.

oh there are so many more I could ask her to perform...but you are probably video-ed out if you even got this far. so enjoy grandparents and those of you that hung in there to watch our rainy day antics...ali just informed me when watching these herself "oh, that's adorable".

3 comments:

Christin said...

I don't know why but I laughed my guts out at that first video. Ali is so cute. "Yeah, but what's your name?" I died laughing because I have girls that do the same thing.

Rina said...

Wait, so how old is Ali?

Rina said...

PS. I also hate that Woody is the main character of my kids' favorite movie. Provides some entertainment for us immature adults anyway, right?