Monday, August 22, 2011

special K.


it came...the day I have been preparing myself for.

my baby started kindergarten.

He was so ready, I was not.

but then I saw this face this morning and couldn't help but be excited for him.

we had already gone to meet the teacher night, so he was excited about his teacher. (He told justin that she was pretty and had pretty hair, what else could you possibly want from a kindergarten teacher?)

then we got to the mad house that was the school this morning...good thing I left my house so early...sheesh it was a zoo! full of crying parents. which is why his initial face looked like this...
don't worry it quickly changed to this mr. confident look.

I was able to hold back tears and only get a bit misty as he rounded the corner into the classroom. I was proud of myself.
and proud of my incredible son who walked in like a champ.

what a stud.

now I am counting down the minutes until I get to pick him up....love that kid.

5 comments:

Rina said...

Good job, Mommy! SO hard. I think sending Bo to 1st grade later this week will be almost as hard as sending him off to KG.

Wendy said...

He is so handsome! So grown up. I am about to cry and he isn't even mine. But I remember holding him as a tiny baby! AAAAA! He can't be old enough for kindergarten?!?

Becca said...

That picture on top is so freaking cute!!!!

Heather said...

Wow! i remember when you brought him to school in an infant carrier. I am so happy for you and I bet it is hard to watch him grow up.

valmike said...

I swear he instantly matured when he strapped on that backpack! Eryn starts preschool on Wednesday. I'm super excited to send her, but still part of me doesn't want her to go yet!