Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Very Fairy Affair


before we left St. George we had one last order of business.

we couldn't very well move without allowing ali the chance to celebrate her entrance into her 3rd year of life with her gal pals.

so a few pixie pals had these show up on their doorsteps...

with an invite to attend a
Very Fairy Affair

dressed to the nine's they arrived in style to celebrate with al.

(and don't worry the mom's were smiling just as big as mila due to the fact that this gathering meant one more bonding session for them as well.)

the attendees were greeted by these...

sitting on this...

(believe me I wanted to do more, but with the boxes piling high and check lists being compiled, it was a miracle we got a party in at all!)

as you know, every fairy needs a wand...and a bejeweled wand at that.

so the fairies got to work!

constructing your perfect wand is serious business.

it takes lot's of help from senior fairies

tons of jewels

and lot's of concentration.

and after all of that concentration fairies are bound to need some nourishment.

(usually I go all out and make the kiddos cakes...ok I have grand designs and then becca, jen or justin save me...but mid move there was no way that was happening, so we cashed in on the cake we purchased from Amy at the YW fundraiser...a few picture ideas and presto she came up with this! SHE IS AMAZING and it even held up in the freezer for a few weeks after the original party plans were cancelled due to some serious food regurgitation curtousy of the birthday girl.)

now...

fairies are very good at granting wishes...

but equally as good at making them.

thanks go out to all our little fairy friends and their fairy-godmothers for making all of her birthday wishes come true.



5 comments:

Christin said...

Did I hear you say you're moving?

Jackie said...

cute party! Sorry you moved!

Jon and Diana said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Ali is so cute and I'm so going to steal this idea when Kate is a bit older. I love the make your own wand craft. So cute! Good job. I'll call you soon! Much love!

valmike said...

What a cute party! Cute cake too. (Seriously looks like a lot of work, so I'm glad YOU didn't try to squeeze that in with everything else you were doing!)We miss you tons all ready. I'm doing my first family photo shoot for the fall this weekend and almost cried knowing you guys are so far away now! *sniff sniff*

Wendy said...

Seriously? How am I supposed to compete with that? Genevieve is going to want you to plan her parties!