Monday, September 24, 2012

Fancy Ali


 have you heard of the Fancy Nancy books?

well, we are living with the real life version.

I wish I had had the camera close by every time she has emerged in her hilarious get ups, but I think these few can give you a pretty good idea of what we have on our hands.

let's just say she changes her outfits 12 times a day and they are usually awesome enough to make me stop in my tracks, giggle, and admire her dedication to all things fancy.


this, for example, is how she emerged from her room when I asked her if she wanted to help me cook something. 
she called them her cooking clothes. 
(she explained that the mittens were so she didn't get her hands too hot.)


  the similarities to fancy nancy don't end there...her letters have extra fancy loops and her vocabulary is enough to make you question her age for sure. 
even her mannerisms are fancy.
the other day I had wheat thins for the kids to snack on. If you ask cole what a wheat thin is he will say "a square cracker". Ali's description..."these diamond cookies are delicious!"

oh and don't worry she is already teaching piper her fancy ways.


piper looks thrilled about it doesn't she? 

2 comments:

valmike said...

I just had to go blog trolling and you put up a bunch since I was here last time! So much fun going on (glad you had your gallbladder out and are OK now) and I still am in shock that I missed our weekend! Ugh. Anyhow, squeeze that little one and forbid her to get bigger!

Katherine Maddux said...

I show everyone these. I laugh so hard. What a trip and a half.