Monday, August 25, 2008

Build A ... Baby?



If you had told us that we would be on the hunt for cute preemie clothes with any of our children we would have laughed. Cole was 8 lbs 15 oz and grew out of his new born clothes in no time. So, when the newborn clothes made our daughter look like she was swimming in them, we were a bit shocked! We know she is not super tiny, but she is compared to Cole. So my mom (who loves a shopping challenge) went out looking for cute preemie clothes. She found a few adorable outfits, but she said most of them were just not even close to being cute. While my mom was still in town she sent Justin and I out on a date and we ended up at the mall trying to find something to dress her all up in. Store after store left us disappointed with only meager selections of onsies to fit her. As we headed down the mall we passed "Build A Bear", I turned to Justin and said jokingly "hey maybe Build A Bear clothes would--" He looked at me, and we both turned and walked straight in. We died laughing at all of the hilarious choices. We each picked an outfit for her. I picked the little pink jogging suit and Justin went for the zebra print leggings. Then he went a little crazy in the accessories department. I have to admit it was pretty cute watching him spoil his little girl. We brought them home and had a fashion show! They fit perfectly! The only set back is the hole in the butt for a tail! PRICELESS!

9 comments:

Cassi said...

Ok, talk about hilarious! Really! I'm still laughing here! And justin, great job on the clothes! Very trendy! I'm impressed with your stylish side! Who would have guessed that could have come from a big football player?

Chantell Hammond said...

You guys are way too funny! I will never let you live it down that you bought your daughter clothes at build a bear! But honestly, they are so cute, I want to do the same thing! Too bad about the tail hole.

Haley Hale said...

Oh my gosh! That is too funny! I love that all the outfits have a tail hole, and I love the little zebra stripe purse. I miss you guys!

VoNique said...

That is hillairous! I'm going to tell everyone I know!

Rina said...

SOOO CUTE! She's adorable and I love that she is stylin' in some teddy bear outfits. You'll have to save the clothes so she can play dress up with her build-a-bear when she's older. :)

Heather said...

Oh my goodness!! You are a mommy of two and she is darling. I hope all is well and I talked to Sommer about visiting...how does Thursday the 11th sound? She will be off track and I am off that day. It's great hearing from you.

kathyjo said...

Oh my gosh,she looks so much like Justin here!!!!!!!

Christina said...

Congrats on the new baby - I found out from Kim that you were pregnant on Aug 4th so hey that went by fast.
She is a cutie - Dave and I have thought of doing that for our babies too, but never actually followed through.
She is a cutie. Enjoy your wonderful little kids! (I can't believe Cole is two. they grow way to fast!!)

Christina said...

I will tell Danica. Yes we are due in November and I'm already ready to be done. uGG
We miss you guys. Next time we're in town we'll have to come by. ARe you still teaching?