Saturday, August 23, 2008

Meet our little lady!






Meet our little lady! Ali Jo Maddux was born on 8-8-08 at 2:08 am! She weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and was 19 in long. All I have to say is second babies are way easier than first babies! We were scheduled to be induced on friday, but my water broke Thursday at about 4:30 pm. I could not believe this considering it was a week early and I was a week late with Cole. Justin didn't believe me either when I called him at work (he knows I have a tendancy to be paranoid), but being the wonderful husband he is, he came home to check on me, and by that time there was no doubt that my water had indeed broken. My parents were supposed to fly in Thursday night to be there to watch Cole...so Jed and Kim came to the rescue! My parents ended up taking a shuttle to the hospital. So we got to the hospital around 6:30 pm and it was about 7:30 by the time I was hooked up and on patosin (however you spell that). Then I got a wonderful epidural at 9:00 after watching the So You Think You Can Dance finale, went to sleep on and off until 1:30 am and was a 10 when I woke up! This drug business is great! They hurried and called my Doctor and by the time she got there I pushed for 5 minutes or so and then we met our little girl! This is much better than Cole...for those of you who don't remember he was a 20 hour labor followed by 2 1/2 hours of pushing due to his head facing the wrong way...this was a breeze compared to that! Then came the hard part...naming her. Justin and I have been going back and forth forever about her name. He loved Ali, but said he could never spell it the way I liked because people would pronounce it wrong. So he won on what we named her..,partly because we had said if her name were Ali her initials would be AM so if she was born in the AM that would be her name and if in the PM her name would be peyton, which was my pick. So, he won there...but he eventually gave in on the spelling because he is a sweetheart! So there you have it! We feel so blessed to have such a beautiful, healthy, little girl.

8 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

oh Heather she is just beautiful! congratulations. Cannot wait to see more pictures. And Coles cake was adorable too!

Sara said...

She is gorgeous Heather! I keep checking your blog for this update! Congrats!!!

Mauri said...

Congratulations you guys! It is hard to believe how fast time flies. I swear we were all in the same ward in Provo just yesterday and y'all were barely married and kidless. Now look at you! We are so happy for you and I think you did well on her name (and the spelling...) cute, cute!

VoNique said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I'm glad everything went so smoothly.

Rina said...

HEATHER! Yah! She is adorable and so tiny! (wasn't Cole a pretty big boy?) I'm glad this labor and delivery went so smooth for you and hopefully Cole is adjusting to being a big brother. Take care!

PS. Ali's crib bedding/bumper is ADORABLE! I heard you and Becca made it? You guys are amazing!

Cassi said...

Look how precious she is! I love your bedding for her too! Super cute!

Chantell Hammond said...

She is so precious! I am so happy for you guys, and I've been anxiously checking your blog for two weeks! I love her name, Ali, so cute. And your story gives me hope for our next one (coming in February btw)since my experience with Lucy was the same as yours with Cole. Congrats!!! And your comment about Cole seeing Lucy broke my heart. I don't think you can fathom how much I miss you guys, we're coming back you wait and see.

cari said...

Congrats Heather. She is just beautiful. I definitely agree that second babies are much easier. Hope you guys are doing well.