Monday, March 23, 2009

it's all GREEK to me


So, for Valentines day a few years ago I created Bora Bora in our living room for Justin. We had so much fun, that I decided to create another dream destination of ours in the living room this year! Thanks to Cole's Mama Mia OBSESSION we have seen plenty of Greece lately and have always wanted to visit, so that was my pick. Thanks go to Becca for providing me with good 'ole elementary school butcher paper for the mural. Then I headed to the dollar store...


These blue plates were perfect! and the napkin rings are dollar store flowers and ribbon.

For dinner we had Greek food...no I did not make it. and dessert was rice pudding and bachlava. (however you spell that!)

I filled old mason jars with tea lights all around the room for a little obionce... and thanks to Wendy we had an awesome CD full of authentic greek music to complete the scene.


Then I dressed the kids and I in the most authentic looking Greek clothing I could find in our closets...we made it work!



I even tried to make my hair festive. I have never attempted a french braid, but this picture kind of shows the braids I did around both sides of my head.

Then I hung a shirt in the entry way for Justin to find and put on when he got home, along with his sandals.

He walked straight into Greece when he got home! Good thing Justin just goes along with his wife's craziness!
It ended up being so fun! Justin is such a trooper he even posed for a blog worthy photo. I love being married to someone who appreciates nerdiness!


7 comments:

VoNique said...

How cute! I love the mural!

Cassi said...

Wow, look at those artistic skills! That is such a cute idea. I think I may have to copy it and do something like it for our anniversary ;-)

Wendy Babcock said...

I love how fun you are! I definitely miss the "craziness" at school. Keep the posts coming so I can have some fun ideas to steal.

Rina said...

You guys are such a cute family! And you are so creative. Nice work decorating!

dcprattfamily said...

Look how creative and talented you are! I can't wait to see where you go for Valentine's day 2010!

Wendy said...

You're awesome! It turned out so cute!

Marjorie said...

You're so creative and artistic. I would never attempt that because it would be a disaster. At least Chris would get a good laugh!