Friday, September 4, 2009

leavin' on a jet plane...or I guess a car will get us there


and where are we leaving to?

our new home...


St. George Utah


yes, it's official. we are actually leaving provo. Justin was promoted to the St. George office. which means a commute is out of the question and a move is in order. we are excited about it, but to tell you the truth, it all happened so quickly that it is a little surreal...wait I mean a lot surreal. I can't even begin to think about how much I will miss fabulous friends or I will start to bawl. so maybe it's a good thing this move is happening so fast that I don't really have time to fully process any of this. if you know me, you know I hate change. I struggle with it in general and so I was surprised when I was able to "calmly" (okay maybe not completely freak-out-less) consider this proposal. not to mention that I think I shocked my husband pretty thoroughly as well.

when things fall into place easily, it makes you feel a bit more peace that it is what is supposed to happen. even if you do hate change, and you don't know a soul, and...okay, stopping myself now. so it's off on a new adventure a few hours closer to family, and although it's chaos now, it feels right.
and on a side note, I am so proud of Justin and all of his hard work. he amazes me and I know I am one lucky gal.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats to Justin on the job! And yeah for a nice warm area to live, closer to San Diego! It is beautiful there, and you are lucky to have a job there! Good luck with the move!

Christin said...

Are you SERIOUS? That is awesome. We are here in St. George. Good to have you. Come on over.

Christin

cari said...

Wow- how exciting. Congrats you guys! Good luck with the move. Let me know if I can help with the kids while you pack.

Cassi said...

Oh no! I was so excited to actually know some people in our ward when we got back. How sad! But what a fun change! We'll stay in touch through blogs.

VoNique said...

I was serious when I said you're not allowed to leave!! = ) I'm going to miss you tons!

Marjorie said...

Whoa! Totally didn't see this coming! Congrats and good luck! I'll be looking for more details as to when and all the fun moving stuff. Tell Justin Congrats!!!

valmike said...

I'm glad that your ducks were forming a row before this office even opened up!

I hate to be the one to blame for this, BUT... everyone that I start to hang out with MOVES. It's the Val Curse! I can't keep friends nearby. I guess that I should have warned you. :)

Chantell Hammond said...

Wow! I'm excited for you guys! You'll do great! It might not be Colorado Springs like it should be, but at least we have our blogs right?