Friday, September 18, 2009

out from under the knife

we are officially crazy.
in less than a week: drove to st.george. found a place to move. drove back. packed our life. moved. (thank you to all of those who helped us). drove back again from st. george. and now to complete the list: ACL sugery. that list looks small as I type, but I am too tired to recall the million other things we had to get done to accomplish those things. the good news is that we are at the tail end of this insanity and that justins surgery went really well. the surgeon said his knee didn't look like an old worn out football knee, which is great news for a man who wants to be active the rest of his life. so now we begin reab. stay in provo for a few days. and then head back to continue rehab in our new hometown. like I said we are officially crazy. thank you to all of our wonderful friends who have helped us in a million ways and allowed us to accomplish our huge checklist. I don't know what we would have done without your help. we are more grateful than you will ever know for your willingness to help.

4 comments:

NelsonFam said...

Holy Cow - I wish I could have been around to help. That does sound crazy. I can't believe the change came that fast!

I LOVE your new home. It makes me jealous. I wish we could find something that nice to rent :)

VoNique said...

I'm glad his surgery went well. Get well soon Justin!

Christin said...

Heather,
I haven't heard anything from the Duncan's yet today. I will keep you posted. Why don't you plan on coming over tonight around 7:00 if you don't hear anything.

Christin

Krystal said...

You are moving to St. George?!?!?! I can't even tell you how JEALOUS I am. It is my hometown after all. I love that place and know that you will love it too! (After all, there is an Inn-n-Out there!) Maybe one day when my husband finishes school (one far off day) and I can convince him to move there (even further off), we can be neighbors in St. George! :)
P.S. What company does Justin work for??