Saturday, September 12, 2009

there's no place like home


we are back from our whirl wind trip down to St. George to find a place to call home. and we are so happy to report that it was a success! thank goodness. we were actually surprised at the number of good places we saw. we really liked the area that this town home is in and it was a good deal with all the things that are included in our rent. so after some craziness we finally decided to go with it and are happy to show pictures of our soon to be home!
(I am also equally excited that there is a Tai pan in S.G. so I can cutify the place for cheap!)

so here is the kitchen

and dining area

we are SO excited to have not one but TWO bathtubs! (it's a 2 1/2 bath) Although we loved our current place, the 1 bathroom, shower only got a little tough 2 kids later. Cole is going to be in HEAVEN.

there is a family room off to the side of the kitchen.

this picture was taken from the living room, we didn't really get a good picture of the living room itself. that hallway you see leads to a bathroom, and then on through to the kitchen and family room.


this is one of my favorite little details. I love that little nook in the wall where the stairs turn. I can't wait to accessorize it.

there are 3 bedrooms and a laundry room upstairs. it is a cute place and we are excited to have that big obstacle checked off our never ending to do list. the development also has a pool and gym and places for kids to play.

Justin and I were lucky enough to have Justin's mom stay in town and watch the kids so we could go down and run around like crazy looking at places. his company set us up in a nice hotel and it was really great to spend time together even if it was filled with time crunches and such! I have to admit though I BAWLED when we left the kids and could not have been more happy to see Cole waiting outside when we returned. he ran so fast to the car and I could not have been happier to see him! Ali was equally as adorable and did a little dance upon our arrival. we missed them and are happy to be home with them.

so now onto loading up the truck monday and heading out! ah! this is craziness!

12 comments:

Becca said...

Looks way cute!! Can't wait to come visit!!

Elizabeth O. said...

I'm so happy to hear of Justin's promotion but so sad you are leaving the ward. That was really fast huh? The home looks amazing and you couldn't have picked a better place. We will miss you all. Let's stay in contact at least through the blog.

chelsea mckell said...

I think I mentioned this before... but Brian and I (or at least Brian) would be more than happy to come down and help unload that truck! Welcome to Southern Utah!

Christin said...

I'm so glad you guys found something. Can't wait to have you here.

Christin

call me when you get in.

valmike said...

You get to live above ground now!!!!!! Place really look nice. Bath time is going to be so much more fun for the kids!

Not that you'd be stressed or anything, but I have a friend down in St. George who just got liscensed in massage. (Is that how you spell it?) I bet I could get you a deal!

Marjorie said...

Wow! You guys are moving quick! I'm glad you found a place quick and Cute! And how nice ti have Justin's mom there, nice!!! Good luck with your move!

Wendy said...

It's beautiful! I'm so excited for you! Sad for me, but so excited for you! You will LOVE the extra space!

Chantell Hammond said...

I love that house. Isn't it so fun to find a place that you love? You are moving right now! That is so crazy. Good luck, and make sure to get videos of Cole in those tubs. I giggled when I thought of him in those, he LOVES the tub. Good memories.

Caytee said...

YAY! How cute. I love your new place. Good to see you today. Hope the move goes well. Keep in touch.

jennifer casady said...

Wow, that was the quickest move ever! I think you're new place looks fabulous & I'm also excited that you are closer to our nieghborhood. We just got new carpet & over a week later I still feel like we're moving (back) in. Good luck & we'll be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

This. place. is. awesome. I am a tad jealous! Glad we found each other...I mean each other's blogs. I will be stalking for updates! (post some pictures when you decorate it too)

VoNique said...

I Love it! So cute! Yes, especially the nook and the curved staircase. Really adorable. I'm going to miss you guys tons! Thanks again for all you've done for me in all MY craziness!