Tuesday, November 3, 2009

here piggy piggy

ok, since I still can't find the silly cord, I will update what I can of the non-picture required posts. aside from computer drama the other reason posts have been non existant is the craziness of this:


while we are not 100 % sure (due to the fact that St. George has seen so many cases they stopped swabbing to confirm) it appears that justin was hit with the swine flu. he had all the symptoms on the page and they told him not to bother coming in unless he had respiratory problems because they are only giving medication if you are under 5 or over 65. so he was quarantined to our room and I lathered everything he touched with hand sanitizer. After 3 days all that remained was a sore throat and we seemed to be in the clear.

then a week later I developed symptoms (minus the fever) and we thought we were in for it...but I was better by day 2 and sore throat free by day 3. so we don't know what I had because justin looked like he had been hit by a truck for 3 days and I bounced back in 1.

then a week later after I had stopped freaking out that the kids were going to be afflicted cole said "I feel sick...in there" (pointing down his throat). after it was clear he felt yucky we took him in and I have never been so glad to get a diagnosis of strep in my life!

so while they still insist that it sounds like justin had it, cole only had strep. and thanks to apparently fast acting antibiotics he has not complained once today of any soreness...hallelujah!



2 comments:

Cassi said...

Stupid swine flu! Go away already! A friend of mine's daughter was in the NICU because of it and it scares me to death if my kids even get a runny nose! Another friend of mine had it and said it put her down for the count. Sounds like the same happened with Justin, glad you guys are doing better!

VoNique said...

I'm glad you're all getting better. That's crazy! I hope you find your cord! I wanna see what you've been up to!