Monday, December 7, 2009

little miss gullible and the tricky, tricky husband.


a while back my family came into town and justin and I got to go on a real live date! we had planned to go to the movies and justin called me from work to say he had tried to get tickets to "fame" since he knew I love anything that has music in it. but he said that it was sold out and that he got tickets to something else, but would not tell me what. he even clarified saying "please don't think I am tricking you and really taking you to that" ah he knows me all to well.

he always wants to walk around outside on dates and I am always cold so he forced me to bring a jacket...I thought nothing of it since I am a pansy about cold.

so, we start driving to the movie theater and we are going towards the middle of nowhere. he kept assuring me that his co-workers had told him where it was and that we were headed that direction. then he acted like he was confused and needed me to call 411, but said the call kept dropping when I held the phone to his ear...tricky tricky. then he said "they said I needed to be on (insert some road name I forgot)". I assured him that we were on that but he just turned on to some road called TUCAN (like the bird). yeah, at this point many of you would have caught on...but not I, the ever gullible girl.

we were STILL headed towards nowhere, and he finally said, ok, I lied , it's an out door theater. I was like oh I love outdoor movie theaters! STILL not catching on.

then we pull in and he tells me it's the famous TUACAHN theater. then it makes sense, and I instantly melt at his cuteness. he took me to see AIDA. I love musicals, I love fun surprises, I love cute husbands who plan amazing things and keep it all secret!

the show was wonderful and I loved every minute! from the music to the hot chocolate, it was perfect. major brownie points justin.

we got home and raved about how good the show was to my parents. they saw it a few nights later and were equally impressed.

definitely one of the best dates ever...thanks sweetie!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Way to go Justin! Don't you love the tuacahn?? We try to go at least once a year, it's so fun!!

jennifer casady said...

Mike took me to see Aida in Salt Lake when we were dating. I always give him a hard time that it would have been a good night to ask me to marry him, but he didn't have the ring yet. Glad you two got to get out and do something fun together!

VoNique said...

That's so sweet!! I love surprises like that!