Saturday, December 5, 2009

tale as old as time

and now...what all the family has been waiting for...

our little beauty and our little beast


I have to give credit yet again this year to the amazing becca. she whipped up this vest and jacket for cole that were just perfect! my mom had sent me these boots forever ago with a dress up outfit, and I fashioned this wig out of craft hair and those horns were devils horns transformed with a bit of paint.

justin was a bit unsure when I said I was making a wig...oh ye of little faith...don't you know what can be done with a glue gun?


becca and I both thought the back was as good as the front...


and my mom found this for our little ali.


did she like it? well, we put it on and she would not stop twirling and looking at it...such a girl


it was so perfect.


before the tick or treating could begin daddy decided that ali needed a dainty candy holder, so I made this (with inspiration from the ever crafy lindsey).

then it was time to put them to use. first we practiced on becca...


and then we moved onto the neighborhood party. this was the cutest thing I have ever seen, food, drinks, games in each driveway on this cul-de-sac, trick or treating and a costume parade. it was intense! and my friend lenae's little girl tasia was belle, we couldn't resist a picture! her mom whipped this costume up...she could have been a pioneer with all her mad skills.


and when night fell it was time for the real trick or treating...cole and dad braved the streets, while ali and I handed out candy...she was OBSESSED. she waited by the door and got SO excited each time the doorbell rang...it was hilarious.


cole was loving his spoils...


and ali was loving her daddy.


it was so a happy halloween.

4 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

Love the costumes!

moliver said...

Super-cute Halloween post. Don't worry, you're not the only one posting Halloween pix in December, I just did mine, but I didn't have an excuse. Anyway, those costumes are priceless. What cute kiddos you have!

Cassi said...

Love it, love it, love it! I am proud to call you my friend!

VoNique said...

So adorable! I love it!