Sunday, August 8, 2010

party girl

today I turned 2.
I was a little happy about it.


of course I needed a party. daddy said I could.


so I invited a few friends for an impromptu birthday bash.


having them come was present enough, but then they brought REAL gifts.
some of them were hard to open, but Cole came to the rescue for me. he is such a doll.


I had to show daddy the goods.


they sat me next to a GIANT princess castle cake.
then they all broke out into song, I guess I bring that out in people.
I sat in awe of this touching gesture.


then...just when I thought it couldn't get any better...as if friends, gifts, and cake weren't enough...fire!


mom and dad wanted to get a bit more intense with the decorating on the cake, but time just got away from us this weekend. ah, the social life of a 2 year old...run run run.


I totally didn't mind, I mean it tasted delish!
and I didn't want them to feel bad, so I went straight for the draw bridge and used it as a spoon. don't judge me, I had to show them how grateful I was.


then I realized that cake can be messy.
and I didn't know how I felt about this.


I got over it.



I tried to eat as daintily as I could.


but with eats this good, I decided to throw caution to the wind.
after all, you are only 2 once.


mom and dad hooked me up with some awesome gifts too!
first an adorable big girl bed...which I have been sleeping in for a few months now...I was so over that whole crib situation.
not pictured here, but sure to be pictured on many a future post, is the MICROPHONE they gave me. I beamed, found the on switch, and went to town!
these people so know me.
(direct quote: oh! I sing songs!)
then they gave me a cash register...complete with my own
credit card.
SCORE.


dad said he could already feel his wallet tightening when I wielded the credit card with such ease.



dad also picked out some awesome cooking supplies for me.
he knows how I can't resist breaking in new pans, and of course I made sure the first meal went to him!
over all it was pretty much wonderful. mom, dad, cole, and my pals all totally hooked me up.
is it wrong to admit I loved being spoiled for a day?
yep, I think 2 is going to be a good year for me.



4 comments:

VoNique said...

She's so adorable! And is getting so big! Her hair's so long!

Jon and Diana said...

love her outfits!!! and her hair looks so cute! Happy B-day Ali!

JEN&JIMMY said...

GOOD JOB! Love it! sorry I had a complete and TOTAL melt down yesterday. I forgot all about cake by the end of dinner at Jimmy's and went home and fell asleep at 6pm. I suck. I hope you had such a great Birthday party Ali! I LOVE her cake you are so creative! GOOD JOB MAMA M!

Valerie McCorristin said...

I ADORE that little poka dot dress! I am so excited to update those pics on the side of your blog!!!!!!