Friday, April 17, 2009

...and THE OTHER one bites the dust


I guess when you do this your whole life, there are bound to be injuries.

(I wish I had a better picture of Justin's football days, but until we get our disk drive working I can't upload them on the new computer, so I had to settle for one from the internet. #97)

For those of you who have known Justin for a while and can remember all the way back to freshman year at BYU, you will remember Justin's "unfortunate" ACL tear. That knee is great...the other one...not so much.

He has had problems with the other knee ever since he graduated and it finally gave out at basketball Tuesday night. For those of you who had husbands playing in that game, you can assure them that he is not a pansy. He tore his ACL, MCL, meniscus, and another something or other. Do you like how technical I am?

He then went to work the next day and had an MRI done on Thursday that confirmed his suspicions. All the research on ACL tears says that you don't have to have surgery as long as you refrain from contact sports...hmmm...surgery it is!

We are not sure yet when he will have surgery, he meets with the surgeon next week, the same one who fixed the first knee. Poor Justin. He is such a trooper though. I would be milking this for all it's worth, and he just keeps on going. I guess that's why he is the football player, and I am not!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

oh no!!! that totally stinks! that is some serious church basketball. maybe i shouldn't let jeff play here. i'm so sorry justin! keep me updated on how everything goes with it.

ps is something wrong with your computer???

Julie Radmall said...

That is such a bummer! I hope the surgery (sometime) and recovery are quick.

Rina said...

Ouch! Brad tells me that is the "unhappy triad" that those things (see? I'm technical like you) like to get injured together. Poor Justin. Hope he gets through everything quickly!

Wendy Babcock said...

Heather! I cannot believe how calm you are about this! I would be freaking out to no end! Let us know what we can do.

valmike said...

Just in case you missed remembering our blog (which is totally understandable!) here's a comment so you can find us.

Did Mike e-mail you those pictures that Justin wanted from his football days?