Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April SNOW showers, bring May flowers?


It's April, so why did we wake up to this:


We decided to make the best of our spring weather delay by bundling up and braving the elements! I knew Cole would have a blast, but as an added bonus I got to use Ali's snow outfit one more time.


Poor thing, I made her stand up just to show off that cute 'lil detail on the back. Thanks mom, once again, for supplying my children with such stylish attire!


So after we were all suited up, we headed outside for some wintery fun!
Cole decided it was great fun to attack mom who was defenseless holding the camera...


and where was Ali during all of this? We were in the front yard, so she was taking shelter in the car...


Look at that look in her eyes as she holds those keys! Watch out Dad she's gonna be hitting you up for a car before we know it.


Cole had so much fun, his laugh is one of my favorite sounds, and I got to hear plenty of it!

Besides pummeling me with snow, his favorite activity is definitely eating the snow... I guess he decided to cut out the middle man here and get it to his mouth way faster than those pesky hands could.


....and again...


and she is still just...


...chillin'


I told you he liked to eat the stuff..





He is growing up so fast, it is so fun to be able to spend so much time with him. He makes me laugh so much. He is one amazing kid.


Snowman anyone?


After Cole finished his real sowman, we came inside to get crafty and make...


these:


I love that Cole's snowman has a tail...way more creative than mine. Gotta love a 2 year old's imagination! We rounded off our adventure by singing once there was a snowman. So I guess I turned out to be grateful for the snow today...at least a little bit!

7 comments:

Wendy Babcock said...

You are such a cute mom! It really is good that you post things like this so that I can steal the ideas for next year when my little guy is ready for these fun things.

VoNique said...

What a great mom! Crafts AND a snow day!

Cassi said...

its only 10 am and you've already got these blogged?! good for you. And can I just tell you that the ski bunny outfit is beyond adorable! Where did she get it because I'm positive caleb will want one for whenever we have a girl. Coop's favorite thing is eating the snow too and he doesn't use his hands either! oh, and i see the teacher side coming through :-)

j e s s i e said...

Thanks for taking the time to enter in my photography give-away!

-Jessie

Rina said...

Next winter Ali will be old enough to feed him snowballs! Ha ha ha! (at least that is how it works around here - no such thing as playing in the snow without a good snowball fight)

Wendy said...

I love the pics of him face down in the snow. What a funny kid! Love him!

Chantell Hammond said...

Ok, couple of things. #1 Ali's snow outfit is ADORABLE!!! Oh I love little girl stuff! #2, you are a way better mom then me. How did you think to do the cotton ball craft? I see that and think "Duh!!" But I totally never would have thought of that. Thanks for the idea, keep 'em coming!