Monday, April 20, 2009

the little moments...

one of the things I miss most about teaching, is that feeling of a pat on the back that you get daily. from parents, students, peers, the boss, someone would inevitably make you feel like you were good at something during the day. justin does a great job of letting me know that I am appreciated for sure, but it is just a little different...I mean he has to say nice stuff, he is stuck with me forever! so, you start to think some days, am I doing a good job, does what I am doing today matter? and then you walk into a room and see this:


yeah, it matters.


little things can make you feel pretty darn good.


and then you realize that those little things you do, are turning them into this...


and then I suddenly don't miss the classroom as much


funny how that works.

4 comments:

VoNique said...

I love that last picture!! How sweet!

Julie Radmall said...

That is so sweet Heather! You are such a good Mom :)

Mandie said...

Absolutely loved this post! And I agree with everything you said.

Sara said...

so sweet. They look so much alike and look like they are the best of friends. I love it!