Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Curl up and Dye


Can anyone name the movie that blog title was stolen from???

On Monday night we decided to do a little egg decorating for FHE. I know, I know, it's two weeks away, but we wanted to string out the fun activities for Cole as long as we could. So...


we invited some of our favorite people, the Jensens, to come help us, because...


Have I mentioned how much our kids love Adam and Wendy?



We had such a fun time! We all realized how much we missed doing fun things like this from when we were kids.


At first I felt the need to help Cole, for obvious reasons...although I wouldn't have minded if dye had splashed up on the walls to cover the 80's grapes on them!


But after a while he convinced us he could do it on his own...


and he did! I was amazed that he caught on that he needed to be gentle, and was actually able to control his excitement to do it!


He is turning into such a big boy.


Of course Cole wasn't the only guy enjoying himself...Justin went into the Zone as he always does when "getting his craft on" as he puts it.


But it was Wendy who branched out and did the tie dye eggs. The speckled one totally looks like something out of the Martha Stuart magazine.


All in all I think our finished products are pretty festive!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

runaway bride??? how fun! looks like a great night!

Wendy said...

So fun! We had a blast - thanks for inviting us!

Justin & Heather said...

I knew I could count on you to know as much pointless movie jargon as me Lindsey!

Cassi said...

Oh, I'm so excited to do our eggs this year! Yours look great!

Jordan said...

Wow, so much fun. I just found your blog and wanted to say Hi. Looks like things are going well for you guys. Take care!

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

oh fun, I couldn't decide between runaway bride and steel magnolias. I knew Julia Roberts was in it.