Tuesday, June 16, 2009

...and she's off!

Ali has been officially mobile for a while now. Her crawling has graduated from the army crawl to the up on all fours (and much speedier) form. She pulls herself up and has begun to walk along furniture too. and as you can see from this picture she has decided to conquer the stairs.

I have mixed feelings about having stairs in the house. I like that our kids learn how to use stairs, but it is a bit of a hazard, guess it's time to break out the safety gates again.


Now that she is mobile she has found herself in some interesting predicaments. This one was my favorite...


I could hear her rattle but couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from. Then I looked under the couch and saw her behind the couch in the middle section. I had to grab the camera, it was too cute. She had found her own little hide out.


Of course she has found herself in slightly less enclosed, but no less tight quarters with her brother.


She is so proud that she can go anywhere Cole can go. So the frequent scene at our house is Cole running by in a blur with a little companion on all fours following close behind.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

I can't believe she's crawling! Love the hideout picture. What a cutie:)

Wendy Babcock said...

She seems to be so fast on the learning to crawl! I think it is possibly my favorite stage when they are learning to crawl. They work so hard and are still so slow.