Wednesday, February 17, 2010

if my kid were a dog


I have thought about this a lot lately and have even shared this insight with a few people. the best way I can describe cole right now is...


that if he were a dog he would be this:
a great dane puppy.


let me explain my thought process. Cole is HUGE but non-the-less a 3 yr old. and much like a puppy he is playful, energetic, likes to jump-up and hang on us, and I swear if he had a tail it would be wagging all the time. he is go-go-go and always has something in his head to move onto after he is done with his current project. BUT like a great dane puppy he does all this bouncing around and flopping onto peoples laps completely unaware of how LARGE he is. don't misunderstand me we enjoy every minute of him, he makes us smile and laugh constantly. but the next time you are around him and you see him bounding towards you to greet you, just remember he is so oblivious to just how great-dane-like he is.

I know the day will come when he no longer wants to hop into my lap and be cuddled and that I will long for the days of elbows to my ribs as he nuzzles up. so I am grateful that he doesn't think he is too big for such things. and I secretly hope that he never feels too big for those things. and even though it might look funny to see a ginormously large teenager curled up to his mommy I hope (for my sake) he will be just as oblivious of how big he is then too.

2 comments:

VoNique said...

What a cute post! I hope he never knows he's too big either. =) He looks so grown up in that picture! Miss you!

valmike said...

Great mental pictures of this 6 ft 250 lb teen jumping on you. Ha ha.