Wednesday, January 19, 2011

it's official, he's 30!

On January 6th Justin became a true grown up!
I decided to do what justin wanted for his birthday...so it was pretty minimal.
I am super social and justin is a fan of having people over too, accept not when he feels like the center of attention. So while I would normally have planned a big get together, I decided to keep it super simple and so the party was intimate...but fun!
I also decided to ask him what kind of cake he actually wanted rather than doing what I wanted...he choose carrot cake...seriously? not wanting to be the center of attention and no chocolate? opposites definitely attract.
so I dutifully made a carrot cake and kept the celebration small...to the point that instead of singing happy birthday to him (which he finds agonizingly uncomfortable to sit through as everyone focuses on him) we just said happy birthday to him...really loud.
and I have to admit...simple turned out to be really fun.
he was also spoiled on the gift front this year. I found the BYU Football Vault book...which has a picture of justin in it, how cool is that?! He also got a subscription to National Geographic, and the best of all?...2 tickets to see Bill Cosby live!
It was a perfect birthday...a simple day to celebrate an anything but simple man.
I won't get too gushy on here considering our anniversary is this week and there will be a tender post then...and so in keeping with his birthday request I will keep it simple.
we love you and we feel lucky to have you.
happy birthday you highly attractive, amazingly wonderful man!

No comments: