Monday, January 31, 2011

vintage vision


With our recent anniversary I had been thinking a lot lately about what I would do differently if I were to go back in time. If you were around me at the time you would know that I couldn't have cared less about the details, it's true, I was so obsessed with the fact that I was getting married to Justin that I just didn't care about a lot of the extra stuff. I am glad that he was my focus and I loved my wedding day it was perfect. simple, elegant, and everything I could have wanted. and I LOVED my dress.


Now six years later I have fully embraced my obsession with 1950's vintage style. I have always loved the 1950's, which you know if you ever saw my room growing up, but now I love tying that vintage feel with a modern twist. so now that I have more distinct opinions on my personal style choices (thanks in large part to my cute husband's input and awesome finds!), I thought I would compile a little peak into what I would do now if I were to roll back the clock and tell past me what future me would love.

I realize that a few tweaks would have to be made so it didn't come off costume-ish but here is a glimpse into my day dreaming.


DRESS:

I have a few different options here, depending on how daring I felt.

this first one would have a cap sleeve added of course and I would extend it to the floor, but I am pretty much obsessed with it.

I also love the vintage feel of this one...
(although I am not really a tool person...however you spell that)



and for the totally dramatic...although I would remove the giant circles.




then for my hair, I would add a vintage clip like this,





and if I was REALLY feeling daring I might even go for one of these attached to the clip, or depending on the dress I went with maybe even the flower.








and then I would change into this little number as we left the reception and headed for the honeymoon.



COLORS:

would stay the same as I had them (black, white, and red-red being the red roses)


DECOR:

I would keep it the same as we had. It was elegant and simple.

and the long stem red roses would stay...as well as my bouquet of all red roses with no filler.


BRIDESMAIDS:


some variation of this,




or this




or this



all would have to have capped sleeves or a cute cardigan, but you get the idea.


who knows 6 years from now I may look at this post and think what was I thinking! but for now this would be my wedding make over.


although I wouldn't actually change my wedding day, seeing as how it captures who you were at that moment, it's fun to think back to that time. and seriously if I went back in time and did it all over again, I would still think the best part of it all was that handsome man I was marrying.

And it's probably that feeling that makes a wedding and marriage timeless anyway.





2 comments:

Cassi said...

Totally with you on the 1950's style! So in love with their dresses and their hair styles! Just makes me happy thinking about them.

Katherine Maddux said...

Just so cool.Go figure!!!!!!The matiokids look so good. Love you all.