Monday, January 31, 2011

year number 6 of wedded bliss

Six years ago, on January 21, 2005, I married my very best friend.
The man I had been crushing on for a good 5 years prior to those nuptials. I was smitten from the very beginning. Nothing, not even pool balls to the face, spaghetti flipped in the Morris Center, or tears at a board game could detour my affections. He was so worth the years of obsession.
I have to say that from the very beginning, long before we ever dated, he has treated me like someone who is incredibly special. He has always been there, watching out for me and making sure I was happy. Can you blame me for having a never ending crush on someone like that?
We could always talk. We never had trouble opening up and being each others confidante. It has always felt safe to trust him with everything. Whether it be serious or just laughing for hours, it has always been so easy to be together.
Our story may have taken a while. But I kind of love that we have a history so fun to tell. I can never tell our story without laughing about so much of it. One day I will have to write it all out here, and have Justin type up his version too...that would be entertaining for sure. But for now I will just say that as obsessed with him as I was six years ago as we knelt in the temple, I am even more obsessed now.
and justin, as giddy as that girl was that day six years ago, I so beat her in the giddy-ness department when I see you walk in the door each evening and see our kids run and tackle you yelling "daddy!" and see you head toward me, the girl who had that ridiculous crush, and see that look in your eyes, and know that it's for me.
Happy Anniversary to us!

No comments: